Tweet

Friday, October 2, 2009

For ME, not YOU!

Last weekend we were supposed to bring food for the post match social with Beantown. I put down something chickeny. So I saw in a store some chicken mixture with red peppers, spinach, and some other things and thought I would mimic that. I bought all of the ingredients, went home and made it.

Mistake number 1: I made this on an empty stomach
Mistake number 2: at dinner time
Mistake number 3: I never told anyone exactly what I was bringing -so nobody expected anything good
Mistake number 4: Look at that picture:

You can't tell me that you wouldn't have eaten it too? It is chicken, red pepper, asparagus, bok choy, squash, with garlic and safflower oil.
I finished cooking it and debated probably for about 10 minutes, before I got in my car and drove to Safeway where I bought 2 deli chicken/turkey things to share with the team. RH said they were pretty good though - so I think it was successful. Before I dug in, I did take a picture, it was so pretty!

I am making it up to everyone by having a team dinner on Saturday before our Furies match where I will make some similar things. I think that's a good replacement. This time, we won't have to share it with the other team. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment