Tweet

Monday, September 28, 2009

Upset? Says who?

Final result of week 3 in the new WPL: Keystone 15 - Beantown 13!!

I've been telling people that we 'upset' the 2nd ranked team from Boston all morning - and a little last night. But then thinking about the word 'upset' in terms of sports, I begin to think that maybe we should put the emphasis on the team that wins, not the team that was upset. Why? Because I am not upset, I am quite happy and proud of Keystone. We've put up good fights against Beantown since I've started playing, but were never able to walk away with a 'W' even after matches where we knew we could/should have.

We were down 10-0 at half time! So, yes it is a true UPSET... but maybe it should be that 'Beantown DELIGHTED Keystone?!' Thoughts??

***I am wrong, we were down 13-10 at half time!*** (bad memory)

I guess the only problem with that is it gives away too much credit... when we say that Keystone upset Beantown, that shows where the effort lies and who did the work. OK - I've re-changed my mind. Yes - we UPSET Beantown.

This picture is hard to see - its our pitch after our picnic with a rainbow over it. Someone else was happy we won too!

No comments:

Post a Comment